Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our basement...

We are so excited to FINALLY be finishing our basement. We are so cramped and cluttered right now, and it's so frustrating. Jillian is still in our bedroom with us, along with my office, so it's pretty much wall-to-wall everything! Not to mention toys in the living room, and kitchen, and hallway.... I have to keep reminding myself how grateful I was to build this house 7 1/2 years ago - WOW! Has it really been that long? - It's small, but it's ours! We have so many memories of raising our boys here and bringing Jillian home from the hospital. We know without a doubt that we were led here. The people around us have truly blessed and changed our lives, and moving to a bigger house could never replace that. So, finishing our basement is the next best thing!
The boys are each getting a new room downstairs, and we also are finishing a family/play room! It will double our living space! We won't feel like we're on top of each other anymore. Jillian will then move into Cayson's room, and my office will move to Christian's room. Finishing the laundry room and bathroom isn't in the cards right now, but we're hoping to do that in the next year or so. We should be ready to paint by the end of the week! I'll post pics later.
I just need to remind myself to be grateful for what I have and not think about what I don't. We are truly blessed!

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

Cheri you are amazing!! I love your attitude!! Your house is darling!!! I cant wait to see the basement!!

Bets said...

I can totally relate! Of course, the excitement over our basement is just that as of today - we HAVE one!!! I'm so glad you joined the blogger world!

Singhappy2 said...

Tell Cayson and Christian the Aunt Dana loves and misses them so so much. I had fun with them in Utah. Jillian is so CUTE!@!!!! Whit - HELP! Put Cheri's site up on my site, ok?

Love ya sis!!
Me