Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What's in a color?

SERIOUSLY, why is choosing paint so stressful for me!!!
I decided I wanted something different. Upstairs has no color, mostly because I was afraid of doing something I would regret, so I want color downstairs!
After deciding I wanted green, I couldn't decide which green. UGH!
Finally, after months of trying to choose, we bought our paint last night!! No turning back now!
We decided on sage greens. One wall will be a darker green, while the rest of the living room and hallway will be half lighter green and brown.
Christian, of course, is going all green. Did you expect anything different? He also wanted green ceilings, green carpet, green light switches - you name it he wanted it - but green walls and a green bedspread is where the green ends. He's happy, though. When we showed him the green swatch we were thinking of, he said "That'll do."
Cayson's walls will be brown three quarters of the way up, a sports border, then blue paint the rest of the way up. He wanted all blue, but with blue furniture, we had to break it to him that his room would look like a big blueberry if we did that. He was also hoping we could spray paint his carpet blue, so it would look "icy".
I sure hope they get their decorating abilities from Shawn....

No comments: