Monday, August 18, 2008

Dentist Nightmare

Just when I thought my day couldn't get worse, Cayson had a dentist appointment this afternoon. We took him in last week complaining of a sore tooth, and it turned out to have an infection. Well, after a week on antibiotics, the dentist decided the tooth still needed to come out. Luckily, it was a baby tooth, so one might think this would be a simple and quick procedure.

Well, think again. For those of you who thought that obviously have not met Cayson. He FREAKS out over the dentist. The dentist hadn't even touched him yet, and Cayson was crying, then covering his mouth, then sobbing, then yes, screaming. He had a Star Wars movie playing for him, root beer gas hooked up to him, but will he relax? Of course not. I wanted to crawl into a hole and hide. I couldn't possibly be the mother of this panic stricken, out-of-control child, who sobbed when the assistant put the stupid suction straw in his mouth. The dentist had to get up and close the door, so he wouldn't scare the kids in the waiting room. Am I making a clear picture here? I had to help hold him down it was so bad. Where did he get this from? I know he wasn't trying to be a brat. For some reason, it just scares the crap out of him. He was shaking because he was so scared. After it was over, we had to stay extra just to get his heart rate down.

OH MY HECK!!! I'm so glad this day is nearing an end.

1 comment:

Singhappy2 said...

Uh. Morgan did it at 12. HAHAHAHAH! Shot's scared the crap out of him. He eventually settled down. I know how you feel though. I remember when the girls first got here from Russia - and how they SCREAMED like banshee's at the Dr's and Dentist's. I was so embarrassed. Water under the bridge now. But I do know how you feel. Cayson is so cute!!