Saturday, August 30, 2008

School News

Christian came home with a packet of papers telling us about a work program at a nearby school, which services teenagers and people with disabilities up until the age of twenty-two. The school helps these kids learn life skills, social sills, work skills, and stuff like that. Anyway, his teacher recommended him to the program, and he had an "interview" there if we gave our permission. It is just down the street from his middle school. So yesterday he went and met with them, and he was "hired"! How cool is that? He will go there for 1st and 2nd period every day and work in their greenhouse. AND, he gets paid for it. He is so excited to have a "job"! I don't know how much he will make. I know it will be a small amount, but what a great idea. We even have to fill out a W2 form and everything, so they can issue him checks. He starts on Tuesday! They said parents were welcome to come and check it out at certain times, so I'm anxious to go see exactly what he'll be doing. I'll keep everyone posted!

4 comments:

Momma E said...

That's a really cool idea! He's growing up too fast isn't he? :O)

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

hOW COOL!! I am so excited for him!!!

Cheri said...

Bareleth - I know I am going to feel really stupid - but who are you? LOL

Singhappy2 said...

Ok - I'm so excited for Christian!!! He will LOVE it!! And I'm laughing my head off - you silly goose - Ok Bareleth - fess up!!