Monday, August 18, 2008

Fourth Grade

I can't believe Cayson started 4th grade today! Where did the time go? It seems like I just brought him home from the hospital! He is growing up so fast. He chose his Clone Wars T-shirt and Pokemon shoes to wear for his first day. Such a boy!

For the past four years, Cayson has been bussed to school, but this year our neighborhood school is finally built, and we can see it from our front window. All we had to do was send him out the door and watch him walk down the sidewalk. Of course we had to remind him not to stop and pick up rocks, bottlecaps, straws, milk tops, you name it and I've found it in my washer, or else he would be late for school. Yes, only my son could be late when school is only a hop, skip and a jump away!

Then he was off, and I thought how nice it was for school to be back in. One boy down, one to go. I could work more easily, clean more easily, have more one-on-one time with Jillian. Yes, this could be good! Boy did I enjoy my hour of back to school! Yes, one hour. That was all it took before I got a call from school saying that Cayson had almost passed out at the flag ceremony outside and could we come get him. Sighhhh......I almost had it.

And yes, Cayson is just fine. I think it was just a case of the back-to-school jitters from my very sensitive nine-year old. We'll try again tomorrow....






1 comment:

Singhappy2 said...

Oh Cayson! LOL. What's a mom to do? He will settle down, and you will have all that time to enjoy with Jillian - and teach her how to shop and RUN AWAY! =) Maybe you could even hop a plane......??