Monday, August 11, 2008

School Shopping

I remember making a day out of getting ready for school! It was so much fun and always something I looked forward to. I had to try on twenty different things before I found just the right outfit, and I always had a long list of stores I wanted to check out.
As my nieces got older, I would make a day out of it with Elizabeth and Jolyn. I was the one they wanted to take them shopping. I would watch them try on all their outfits, we would laugh and talk and go out to lunch. Such great memories...

Yes, fun school shopping is now just a memory for me. Why? Because I have BOYS! Arrrgghhh!!!
They are NO fun to shop with!! They want in and out and fast as they can. They have Star Wars and Pokemon on their minds. Christian just grabs the first pair of jeans he can find, and Cayson tells me that they all look the same to him. They're both distracted and talking about other things. I have to ask them both ten times which shirt they like best. Neither one of them want to try things on. "Do I have to?" they both say. This is not the school-shopping experience I envisioned as a mom. I wanted to be the laid back, cool mom who was fun to shop with - not the frustrated, disappointed mom who looks like she is ready to pull her hair out!

To ease my pain, I took Jillian to Carter's for some fall clothes. She's only one, but as she would grab a shirt and say "Cool", I knew there was hope!

CRAP, I just remembered the boys need shoes.....

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

So cute!!! Christian and Cayson are way to cute and thay always have cute clothes! You need to do what my mom di go shopping when we were in school and when we came home there was a stack on the bed!! I loved that surprise!!! HEE HEE!! Good luck with the shoes!!

Momma E said...

lol! I'm thinking the surprise shopping might work best too. :)

Singhappy2 said...

Just wait till Jillian is older and wants to buy things you might not WANT her too.... sigh. Oh the joys of shopping when you are 14. LOL. It's actually not that bad, but the clothes - especially out here are so revealing - it makes me mad!!~! NO MODESTY!! You have to be really creative. My boys started really caring about what they were wearing about 8th - 9th grade. Morgan actually didn't want anything unless they came from a certain store... and that was hard because of the price tag. Oh, the joys of motherhood. And the price of shoes!! =) You are a good mom, Cherbear! The boys and Jillian always look great - even if they are not ready to put much effort into it YET. Just you wait. lolol!